The full-text search functionality allows selecting social media posts (for the time being only for the Twitter collection) based on some post attributes:
- text: textual content of the post
- hashtags: hashtags associated with the post
- author: ID (not the handle!) of the post author; the author ID for Twitter can be extracted from the handle using https://tweeterid.com/
- date: day of social media initial posting (a range of dates can be added using the ‘OR’ logical operator)
- language: the language the social media post is written in
The attributes can be either equal or not equal to a value entered by the user, forming a `’rule’. Rules can be composed in groups joined by logical operators (‘and’, ‘or’, ‘not’).
The expression can be changed manually by editing it before pressing the ‘Execute query’ button. A ‘Reset’ button allows for clearing the expression.
The results are returned in ‘pages’ of 200 posts; pages can be navigated via ‘Prev’ and ‘Next’ buttons and downloaded with the ‘Download’ button
The overall expression length is capped at 2,500 characters.
The expressions have to conform to the Lucene syntax.
Basic functionality (query execution, download, pagination):
Selection of date intervals: